We at Positive Youth News Haringey are always doing new projects. Our current projects are [click each project title to find out more]:
Check Up Haringey | Local Young People & Health Services.
We Generation | Ensuring Young People Have A Voice In The Regeneration
100 Young Voices | Gaging Local Young People’s Voice In Local Issues
Poster Campaign | To Challenge Stereotypes & Raise Aspirations
Young people from Haringey reputations are protected. We do this by:
- Promoting positive youth news stories in the media on our Twitter & Facebook.
- Work with local newspapers to help them cover positive youth news stories.
- Challenge schools & councils to ensure they promote good news stories
- Celebrate young people in the local community (i.e. through our poster campaign).
Challenge institutions to include and work with young people. We do this by:
- Challenge the police and their perceptions of local young people.
- Work with the NHS Haringey & other health services to ensure young peoples needs are met
- Ensure young people’s voices are heard in changes in council services and decisions (such as the Tottenham Regeneration).
Raise aspirations of local young people. We do this by:
- Exposing local young people to positive peer role models.
- Running inspirational workshops in schools alongside local positive peer role models.