We at Positive Youth News Haringey are always doing new projects. Our past projects include [click each project title to find out more]:
Borough Commander’s Diary Takeover | We regularly take over the police commanders diary
Haringey Council Positive News Campaign | We challenged the council to publish more positive youth stories
Meet The Press Event | We hosted an event to introduce local youth orgs & the press together.
Networking Party | We hosted a networking party for organisations in Haringey to meet each other
Praise 2 Raise | We asked local adult leaders to say something nice about local young people
Reputation Reclaim | We ran an online campaign boasting about great local young people
Time Out Campaign | We challenged & won a campaign against Time Out after they printed something bad about Tottenham
TwitterViews | We undertook live interviews on Twitter with some amazing local young people
Young people from Haringey reputations are protected. We do this by:
- Promoting positive youth news stories in the media on our Twitter & Facebook.
- Work with local newspapers to help them cover positive youth news stories.
- Challenge schools & councils to ensure they promote good news stories
- Celebrate young people in the local community (i.e. through our poster campaign).
Challenge institutions to include and work with young people. We do this by:
- Challenge the police and their perceptions of local young people.
- Work with the NHS Haringey & other health services to ensure young peoples needs are met
- Ensure young people’s voices are heard in changes in council services and decisions (such as the Tottenham Regeneration).
Raise aspirations of local young people. We do this by:
- Exposing local young people to positive peer role models.
- Running inspirational workshops in schools alongside local positive peer role models.